The laughter.
That's what I remember most. Never in my life had I laughed like I did with Briana.
About everything.
We once spent hours recording ourselves on cassette tape talking about different topics in my bedroom.
It was the funniest conversation.
For years, we looked for that cassette tape to listen to it. Never did find it. Probably a good thing.
It was the first podcast if you ask me.
That's what everyone could do with Briana.
Talk.
She listened.
She responded.
She walked in the door of Cornerstone Church when she was 12. I immediately spoke to her and we were instant friends.
We spent hours talking about her parents getting re- married.
What a beautiful thing.
Celine Dion. We sang her songs and reached for the high notes.
We sat in her Dad's living room and watched the OJ trial.
The movie "Alive" was the first time I heard surround sound, also at her dad's house. We had an intense conversation after that movie.
I hadn't spoke to Bri in 20 years. I kept up with her on FB and was happy she returned to the United States after years in Ireland as a missionary.
I'm sad. I'm shocked.
And I'm heartbroken for her family.
But I don't ask why.
I know the why.
Briana, you are loved.
Comments
Post a Comment